Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My thatha

    My thatha venkaiah chetty has a prime place in my life. He is a man who believes in " Simple living high thinking". The first thing when I getup in the morning I see thatha's photo which is placed right in front of my bed. It is a boon to me to have the liberty of sharing the same house. In every stage of my life I have learnt lot of lessons from him which is helping me a lot now. As a child whenever thatha corrected me I would feel he is giving the usual lecture. But now I have realised the importance of his words.He would always qoute proverbs and say small stories and relate them to the incidents that are happening in real. This upbringing has definitely moulded my character.I am very greatful to him.                       
                                                                                                  
      As a grandchild I would sometimes feel he has not pampered me. But, later i have realised that , a person has to be a little tough to bind somany family members and solve their problems. It is only because of this disciplined nature of him which has helped me and many of his grandchildren to organise their lives.
      Being the girl child of the house I had few limitations.It was a BIG challenge to me to take permission from thatha to do things which are a little out of way. I still remember the two incidents where I had to take permission from him. one was, to go to a ncc camp for a week and the otherone was to continue my studies after my degree in a co-education college. He is really a TOUGH MAN. I felt it was a great achievement of my life when I got his permission.
      There's one more thing which i would like to share about my thatha. I have observed that one of his nature is he would not be pleased easily. Whenever I made small achievements in my life I would proudly go to him to show my merits and he would always said ' you can do better '.This would make me wild sometimes.I would workhard to please him and this helped me to improve and grow.
      The best lesson my thatha taught me is to workhard, live in simlicity, eat healthy and simple food and give charity.I feel proud and greatful to be a part of his family.
                                                  -P.Sowmya jayanthi.

No comments:

Post a Comment