Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pola Venkaiah Chetty (My Grandfather)

                                                                   
My Grandfather was one of the finest persons on earth. I consider him as an example to human race because he showed us to what heights perfection can be achieved in one's life. He spent all his life working hard to serve his children, grand children and great grand children with all comfort and luxuries. I often heard my dad's friends telling that whenever they asked my grandfather "Tataji you have done enough for your children,then why do you still work hard?" then he used to reply them "I have done only to my children but there is lot to do for my grand children." Every time I think of this, it fills my heart. We all owe our lives to him and yet we couldn't do anything to repay him.

Whenever I think of him I always remember one incidence "In my childhood I always feared waters. My parents were forcing me everyday to learn swimming, so they used to take me to the pool along with my grandfather. One day, I was sitting with my grandfather waiting for the car. Then, he asked "Why do you struggle so hard to learn swimming?" and I replied "Tata I really tried but couldn't learn". Then he said with a smile "You will surely learn it in 3 days and then you will be ready to compete with me". From that day it took me exactly three days to learn swimming. On the third day I was really surprised because one thing which I couldn't learn for 3 years..actually learnt in 3 days." From that day I believed that his words are not less than any god's words.

 I can hardly describe him but I use few lines to do it "NO HIM, NO LIFE...KNOW HIM, KNOW LIFE". My grandfather was the best person I have ever seen.

Lovingly,
Arjun Pola

No comments:

Post a Comment